Friday, August 10, 2012

A Magnetic Attraction

So I have to share a fantastic deal I got at Ulta.com the other day.  I have been DYING to trying magnetic nail polish.  The Sally Hansen stuff is like $9 a bottle at Target!  So I found on Ulta.com a set of four minis with magnet for $4.99.  You can order it here.



So I used our Mom as a guinea pig until I figured out how it worked.  I had read some reviews about making sure you put it on thick and holding the magnet there for a while to get the most dramatic effects.

I used the blue color called Polar Opposites on Mom's nails.



The first coat I did was too light...so after the second coat I held the magnet over the nail and...voila!!!


You can see some subtle striping to the paint.  I was stoked!!  I found the best placement for the magnet was on my ring finger.  This was so I could use my finger to stabilize the magnet so I could hover right over the nail and not touch  it.

See?


By the time I finished her nails they looked like this!!!


I love having her to try new things on.  :)

I felt confident that I could do this on my own nails and I decided to use the silver color called Put A Ring On It.


At first I thought the color was too light but after I did them all I fell in love!!!


Swoon...sigh...ahh.........

I love the lines, I love the sparkle...it's so much fun!!!

So my recommendation is that for $4.99 it is TOTALLY worth trying it.  It's an inexpensive investment and it works really well!!  I can't wait to try the other two colors in the kit!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment