Monday, July 30, 2012

Simple Olympic Manicure - Go USA!!!

I wanted to do something patriotic in honor of the Olympics, but I don't have any fancy stamping machine, and I can't freehand nail art. I had to go with what I am good at. I had some new e.l.f. polishes I got a few weeks ago, and I had the perfect colors.

Introducing e.l.f. Dark Navy and e.l.f. Cranberry. I picked these because they are deep and sparkly.



I bought these during the 50% off e.l.f. sale so they were $1 each. I have had good luck with their polish, and you can't beat the price.

Now, I had to sit through the foil treatment to get my previous glittery manicure off. It went very well...whoever came up with that is my hero!

The great thing about this polish is I only had to do one coat. It was good because I was in a rush and was lacking any patience to wait for 3 coats to dry. 


I decided to alternate the colors. Simple way for me to use the 2 colors I wanted. I know there is no white, but I have plans for that over the next few days :) You'll need to come back and see what I have in mind.

Here are the bottle shots:




And, on the recommendation of my sister, I invested in Seche Clear and Seche Vite...I am loving them both!

Edited to add: I went back and did a second coat. I had visions of a manicure failure when I woke up tomorrow for work :)



No comments:

Post a Comment